- Writing is only one component – even though writing is a big part of public relations, it is only a part
- Objectives- as a public relations writer our purpose is advocacy, not objectivity. Accurately inform, persuade, and motivate.
- Audiences- the public relations writer may write for many radically different audiences
- Computers that are easily upgradable, larger hard drives, and you should choose the computer that suits you the most
- Pay attention to grammar, word choice, and sentence structure
- Create an outline
- Research, using resources that will back the credibility of your writing
Making sure you can write for your client and to your audience is also important. You can find more information on how to get organized for writing in “Public Relations Writing and Media Techniques (6th Edition) by Dennis L. Wilcox” at Amazon.com.